SQL Server DBA
SQL Server DBA
MiCORE Solutions is a leading provider of Remote Database Management and Consulting Services, specializing in Oracle and Microsoft technologies. Our remote, all-in-one database infrastructure team provides 24/7/365 monitoring and issue resolutions as well as a range of support services. From maintenance support and everyday tasks to holistic review and planning.
Due to increased demand from existing and new clients, we are adding to our industry recognized team of managed services professionals. We provide a fantastic culture that is employee centric and values personal and professional development.
Position Summary/Career Interest
- Are you able to prioritize tasks and change direction quickly in a fast-paced environment?
- Do you find yourself constantly going above and beyond expectations?
- Are you a self-starter? Are you passionate about your work?
- If you answered yes to the questions above, then we would like you to consider a position as a MS SQL Server Administrator.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with environment planning and management while providing operational database services to the organization. We need a strong problem solver who can own, track and resolve database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents. You will manage service related reports (e.g: database back-ups, maintenance, monitoring) daily to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved along with managing database related alerts and critical issues. We are seeking a professional who can work with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have a service oriented mentality, and high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned. You will focus on handling and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and actively identifying any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. We are needing a critical thinker who can build relationships and possesses strong technical skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about coaching and mentoring new associates while accepting feedback to improve your own performance.
- Competent in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
- Coaches and mentor new associates.
- Assists with Environment planning and management.
- Participates in installations, tests, and implementations of system hardware, software, maintenance releases, and utilities.
- Participates in timely resolution of all technical related questions, analysis, problems, incidents, requests, and on-call.
- Monitors database alerts, replication, resource utilization, and system integrity.
- Analyzes database failures and identifies corrective action.
- Analyzes system performance to ensure it is meeting availability and performance objectives.
- Audits application, database, operating system, and HA logs.
- Performs and monitors database backups.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery and High Availability events.
- Performs planned Disaster Recovery Plan tests and database restores.
- Performs implementation of projects and configuration changes.
- Performs application testing and validation.
- Evaluates Upgrade and Update Release Notes.
- Performs application upgrades and updates.
- Monitors SLAs including, backup, uptime, and recoverability objectives.
- Ensures compliance with Database licensing.
- Proactively manages all aspects of the responsibilities listed above.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- 6-10 years of SQL Server Experience
- Certification on SQL Server
- Experience with SQL 2012 through 2019 in a production environment
- Experience with Windows server platform
- Experience with SQL Always On technologies
- SQL Development (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) a plus
- Azure migration and operational experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle Database and or open source databases a plus
- US Citizenship a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field