CLOUD DATABASE ENGINEER
Cloud Database Engineer
Position Summary/Career Interest
- Are you able to prioritize tasks and change direction quickly in a fast-paced environment?
- Do you find yourself constantly going above and beyond expectations?
- Are you a self-starter? Are you passionate about your work?
- If you answered yes to the questions above, then we would like you to consider a position as a Cloud Database Engineer.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with environment planning and management while providing operational cloud database services to the organization. We need a strong problem solver who can own, track and resolve database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents. You will manage service related reports (e.g: database back-ups, maintenance, monitoring) daily to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved along with managing database related alerts and critical issues. We are seeking a professional who can work with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have a service oriented mentality, and high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned. You will focus on handling and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and actively identifying any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. We are needing a critical thinker who can build relationships and possesses strong technical skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about coaching and mentoring new associates while accepting feedback to improve your own performance.
- Competent in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
- Coaches and mentor new associates.
- Assists with Environment planning and management.
- Participates in installations, tests, and implementations of system hardware, software, maintenance releases, and utilities.
- Participates in timely resolution of all technical related questions, analysis, problems, incidents, requests, and on-call.
- Monitors database alerts, replication, resource utilization, and system integrity.