Business Development Representative (BDR)
Job Title: Business Development Representative (BDR)
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, Sales Operations
Status: Salaried Exempt
Location: Cranberry, PA
Prepared Date: 10/07/22
MiCORE Solutions is a leading provider of Remote Database Management and Consulting Services, specializing in Oracle and Microsoft technologies. Our remote, database team provides 24/7/365 monitoring and issue resolutions as well as a range of support services. From maintenance support and everyday database tasks to cloud architecture and migration services.
MiCORE’s Business Development Representative (BDR) will act as the first contact to prospective clients looking for an outsourced database management provider. The BDR is responsible for meeting or exceeding expected daily, weekly, and monthly activity (calls, emails, connections) and productivity (meetings, opportunities) focused on both net-new and current prospects resulting in revenue generated in alignment with company goals. One will use strong prospecting, online presentation, and closing skills to self-generate and convert marketing sales leads into a minimum of new meetings per week resulting in closed-won revenue per month supporting the overall revenue target.
The BDR has an entrepreneurial mindset, thrives in a fast-moving and highly productive environment, and loves to win! This person enjoys working within a team yet takes full ownership of their individual role, goals, and positive impact on the company. Our company has an ambitious growth goal that requires a lot of hard work, mental toughness, and grit. Those who thrive in this type of environment will earn substantial rewards, both monetarily and in a sense of accomplishment in building something of their own.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Prospect Outreach & Appointment Setting:
- Proactively and reactively engage prospects via phone, email, or social media to introduce MiCORE and uncover needs at a high level
- Explain MiCORE’s value proposition with respect to each caller’s position and book meetings with the sales organization CRM Prospect Data Cleansing & Enrichment
CRM Prospect Data Cleansing & Enrichment
Review prospect data and note gaps during call preparation
- Update prospect data such as contact info, job title or other stored information to ensure MiCORE’s prospect database is accurate
- Prioritize prospects based on given criteria Following up with prospects
Following up with prospects
- Follow regimented engagement plan to follow up with prospect discussions
- Be available and prepared to receive callbacks and respond appropriately to questions and book meetings
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work with Sales and Marketing and other internal functions to further segment industry knowledge; explore ways to expand addressable market
- Engage with technical resources for deeper knowledge of service set to enhance conversations with prospects
The preceding duties and responsibilities have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Some College is Preferred
- 1-3 years experience in prospecting and/or sales- preferably in an IT Consulting or Software sales environment
- Computer knowledge: Familiarity with Google and Microsoft Products. Experience with CRM tools (ie: Salesforce) is preferred
- Driven to Meet and Exceed Goals: Strong desire to exceed expectations for set goals and celebrate success. Ability to pivot as appropriate to ensure efforts and results are maximized.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Ability to connect with prospects over the phone and via email with all levels within an organization. Strong active-listening skills.
- Ability to Develop Strong Connections: Builds strong connections across a wide range of stakeholders. Has strong interpersonal skills and can build rapport
- Organization / Time Management: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to manage multiple efforts at once and document all interactions according to policies and procedures
- Ability to Work Independently but Plays Well with Others: Understands the independent nature of required work and is a self-starter and motivated. However, realizes they are part of team and need to coordinate with sales, marketing, and support partners to maximize results
- Sales Mindset: Ability to understand and anticipate the needs of prospects and then convey value prop messages for the company.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Hybrid Schedule- spending assigned time in-office (Pittsburgh) and WFH
- Excellent Company Culture
- Best in class tools and resources
- Earned PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Competitive compensation package, including competitive base salary, productivity compensation and bonuses